The LFR doctrinal statement is given below. It does not cover, nor does it intend to cover every aspect of biblical teaching. However, we believe it is sufficient to provide a solid basis for evangelical faith. We believe that:
- The Bible is the infallible Word of God. It is our final authority in all matters of doctrine, faith and practice.
- God is eternal and exists in perfect unity as the Holy Trinity: He is God, the Father; God the Son; and God, the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ , the eternal Son of God, is fully God and fully man. He is without sin and was, thereby, a perfect sacrifice for the full payment of mankind's sin, which He accomplished on the cross. His resurrection proves God's satisfaction with the work Christ did on the cross.
- The Holy Spirit convicts the world of the sin of rejecting Jesus Christ. He regenerates, indwells and seals every believer in Jesus Christ.
- Mankind, created in God's image, lost perfect standing with God through rebellion and became separated from God, a helpless slave to sin, self and Satan.
- Salvation is through the work of Jesus Christ alone. The full penalty of sin was carried out when God laid all the sins of mankind upon His Son. He died in our place. Salvation is the free gift of God to all who place their faith in Christ.
- The Church is composed of all believers in Christ, and is the Body of “Called-Out- Ones,” called out from the world and separated unto Jesus Christ for His divine purposes.
- Jesus Christ is presently at God's right hand in resurrection victory, and is personally coming again to take the church to glory, and to judge the unbelieving world.